Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A day of "lasts"

I preached my final sermon at Life Church last Sunday. It was an exhausting, emotional day, but we felt God move and we (the Cash family) felt well-loved! If you want to listen to the sermon podcast, click here. (If that link will not work, you can go to the Life Church podcast page instead.) My sermon is all about the adventure--the faith, trust, risk, and loss of control it takes to truly follow Christ. I also shared some of my story and what God has done in my heart to bring me to where I am today. For those of you who are unfamiliar, Ithaca is a very secular, intellectual city, home to Cornell University and Ithaca College. It's at the southern tip of Cayuga Lake, one of the Finger Lakes. I cannot speak with any authority on the personality of the community but I will certainly keep you posted as we learn about our new home!

This week we are consumed with getting ready to move. We had another showing of our house last night (fingers crossed!) so had to put off packing until after that. Today & tomorrow are packing days, then Friday is loading day, and Saturday is moving day!

Please continue to pray for:
  • The sale of our house
  • Daniel's job search
  • The details of moving this week
  • Ethan's preschool--I found out there is a wait list of over 100 kids to get into Pre-K. I am going to look into some private preschools to see if there is any way we can get him in--otherwise we're homeschooling this year to prepare for Kindergarten. (That will be a huge challenge for me!)
Thanks for all who prayed, sent cards, and asked about Daniel's grandpa. We did drive down to Georgia Sunday night and arrived back home Friday night (it's about 18-20 hours of driving one way). We put about 3,000 miles on our van in the last week! We were glad to spend that unexpected time with the family and I think Pappy & Nonnie (Daniel's parents) especially enjoyed seeing their grandchildren!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Finger Lakes would like to come together and give you a big welcome handshake! Looking forward to having you guys around!

Meghan Troxler said...

so excited to hear about your adventures! :) praying as always, and can't wait to visit you in that gorges place....ahaha...i had to say it. :)

Rhetta said...

I clicked 'here' and got 410 Gone. Will go through the church website.

Meghan, you are too funny...gorges.

GermangirlinUSA said...

continued prayers are going your way... can you double check the link to your sermon? I got an error message that said "gone" when I tried to access it... thanks and good luck on your new journey

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Contributors